Watermelon is a delicious and refreshing fruit that has a large percentage of water. Moreover, it is packed with potent antioxidants that help neutralize free radicals. Due to its cooling effect, it is considered excellent for summer.
Watermelon has thirst-quenching properties. It has anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, demulcent, vermifuge, febrifuge, purgative and mildly diuretic qualities.
1. Improves Heart Health
Regular consumption of fresh juice extracted from this fruit, which is loaded with lycopene, protects against heart disease.
2. Helps with Weight Loss
Watermelon aids in weight loss as well as it helps the metabolism work efficiently. If you are exercising to help with weight loss, watermelon can also help your performance and recovery time. It’s also great for those who are physically active since it’s a good source of potassium and magnesium, which are the key benefits of watermelon. Potassium is considered a vasodilator because it releases the tension of blood vessels and helps increase blood flow. This allows for quicker muscle recovery and reduced stress on the body as you build muscle, strength, and endurance.
3. Helps Fight Cancer
It reduces the chances of developing cervical cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer, and certain other types of cancer. Watermelon is also a great supplier of antioxidants vitamin C and vitamin A, both of which help to fight free radical damage and stop DNA from harmfully mutating, leading to the formation of cancerous tumors.
4. Prevents Kidney Stone
Watermelon benefits also include being a natural diuretic, meaning it helps to increase urine production that takes waste out of the body with it. And prevents the formation of kidney stones.
5. Helps Manage High Blood Pressure
Being rich in carotenoids, watermelon assists in lowering high blood pressure. Consuming a good amount of potassium and magnesium from a healthy diet reduces the risk for cardiovascular disease mortality, and amazingly watermelon has this two nutrients.
Other Healing Properties
Intake of this amazing fruit benefit in sooting burning sensation caused by mouth sores and ulcer, It helps in flushing out toxins from the body and reducing uric acid concentration in the blood.
Watermelon is a great supplier of beta-carotene, the form of vitamin A found in plants, which plays a role in preventing macular degeneration, the leading cause of age-related blindness.
Watermelon has plenty of vitamin C and vitamin A — and both play an important part in maintaining the health of skin, especially as someone ages. Antioxidants like these protect skin from damaging free radicals that are produced when skin is exposed to harmful ultraviolet light or allowed to age naturally. So, watermelon protects your skin health.
This fruit is also useful for healing mild erectile dysfunction as it contains citrulline that helps relax blood vessels. it is good for the brain and reveals symptoms of depression and nervous anxiety. Besides it was is an effective home remedy for bedwetting, and is beneficial for diabetes patients
Watermelon is considered good for health because it is rich in vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin B1, vitamin B6, magnesium, potassium, thiamin, pantothenic acid and so on.
Medicinal Uses of Watermelon
1. Eating this fruit on a daily basis during the summer season helps to avoid heart stroke. Being rich in electrolytes, it prevents dehydration.
2. Consuming watermelon relieves heartburn and morning sickness during pregnancy, it also relieves muscles cramps.
3. Boil a handful of watermelon seed in water until the solution becomes thick , drink this decoction on an empty stomach first thing in the morning to get rid of intestinal worms.
4. Dry watermelon seeds under the sun for a day or two and boil 2 teaspoons of this seed in a cup of water for about an hour, cool and drain solution, then Drink this home medicine to reduce blood pressure.
5. Drinking watermelon seed tea can prove to be useful in dealing with urinary tract infections.
6. having a glass of watermelon juice in the morning on an empty stomach provides relief from headache.
7. Watermelon seed oil benefits in the natural treatment of rickets.
8. Eating slices of watermelon mixed with a little black salt cure dry cough.
9. Simply eating this fruit for a few days relieves constipation.
10. Rubbing a piece of cold watermelon on skin can heal skin sores .
11. to treat acne, naturally rub watermelon on your skin on a regular basis. In addition, consume this fruit as well as its juice.
12. Applying watermelon juice on your skin for about 15 minutes help avoid wrinkles as it tightens the skin.
13. Regularly using a combination of watermelon pulp and yogurt on skin serves as natural home remedies to exfoliate the skin on facial blemishes. you can also blend a mixture of watermelon yogurt and banana and apply it as a face mask for 15 to 20 minutes to get glowing skin.
14. To get rid of blackheads, and avoid sunburn, apply a combination of grated cucumber, watermelon juice tomato juice, and sufficient rice flour to form a paste. wash it off after 10 to 15 minutes .
15. Roasted watermelon seed can be eaten of snacks or sprinkles on salad, you can also make watermelon seed tea or include the seeds in a soup to reduce the risk of developing cardiovascular disease or type 2 diabetes, these seeds are high in protein and low in carbohydrates.
I truly hope this be of benefit to someone, May Allah grant us all. good health and grant cure to those who are ill.
Article Updated on